State Rep. Darren Bailey is assisting the Illinois Department of Natural Resources in reminding hunters about the Second and Third Lottery Drawing for the 2021 Illinois Spring Turkey Season permits.
“Not only is turkey hunting fun and challenging as a sport, but we help keep a balance in nature on the number of turkeys in our state,” said Rep. Bailey. “Many people love the tradition of serving turkey for family gatherings during the holidays and prefer the wild flavor over the store-bought variety.”
Second Lottery: December 2, 2020 – January 11, 2021
- All hunters are eligible to apply for one permit; hunters who have not already been awarded a permit will receive preference
- Group Hunt applications are accepted in the Second Lottery (up to 6 individuals may apply to hunt as a group)
- Landowner Spring Turkey permit applicants/recipients may apply in Second Lottery
Third Lottery: January 12, 2021 – February 9, 2021
- All hunters are eligible to apply. Hunters may apply for up to 3 permits during this period, except no one may exceed the 3-permit limit in total for Spring Turkey hunting, which includes lottery-drawn, youth, landowner, and OTC permits.
- Group Hunts are NOT allowed in the Third Lottery
- Landowner Spring Turkey permit applicants/recipients may apply in Third Lottery
Over-the-Counter Permit Sales
- County-specific Spring Turkey permits remaining after the Third Lottery Drawing will be available for sale over the counter from License Vendors beginning March 9, 2021.
- Permits will be sold until quotas are exhausted, or until the close of season May 13, 2021. Persons may purchase one or more permits during this period, subject to availability, except that no one may exceed the limit of 3 permits in total, including lottery-drawn, youth, landowner, and OTC permits